3.08.2012

some lighting assistance, please?

So I need some help....

And yes, I know I haven't shown you a full mood board of what baby girl's room is going to look like yet...but I still need some help figuring out an overhead lighting solution. We currently have an ugly dark brown ceiling fan and yucky yellow tinted light combo going on. Much to the dismay of my electrician {that "electrician" - a term I use rather loosely - would be Kyle, of course} isn't too thrilled with changing out the fixture, but in my opinion it simply has got to go. Not only is it ugly, but it swings when the fan is on and I have nightmares of the thing falling in the middle of the night. And the dim yellow glow of light really isn't doing the room any favors, either.

So, here are a few options. I want to keep the fixture budget friendly, easy{ish} to install {no major re-hard wiring of sconces that requires drilling through the drywall}, feminine without being TOO girly, small in size, and a light color so it fits in with the coral/white/green theme.


NUMBER 1 ::
Birds on a Vine Lantern from Shades of Light 

NUMBER 2 ::

Bamboo Lantern from Shades of Light

NUMBER 3 ::
* this one is WAY too expensive {$895!} but I love it and have been looking for a less expensive alternative
Malibu Chandelier from Serena & Lily

NUMBER 4 ::

Jonathan Adler Ceramic Sprout Pendant

NUMBER 5 ::

West Elm Small Wire Pendant - white


Which one gets your vote??

7 comments:

  1. Hi - I like the birds on a vine the best.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely number 1. And if you need the name of an electrician let me know. I had someone come out to do Lucy's chandelier. I can't remember exactly what he charged, but it wasn't super expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking for less expensive but still Serena & Lily-ish? http://www.worldmarket.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3606190

    or http://www.worldmarket.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11652066

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love #1 as well!!! Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey- I get Joss & Main email updates and I noticed one for lamps and lighting... this one isn't exactly similar to the ones you posted here... but it is white in color and I bet it would look great next to the pink color you chose for the walls. Might be a little too big for the room though. Here's the link- take a look and see what you think...

    https://www.jossandmain.com/Wailea-Twilight-Ceiling-Pendant~PCL1826~E674.html

    xo, Cristina

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails