2.27.2012

currently loving: ana maria hernando

"Esperando Al Mar" (Waiting for the Sea) Total 48'' x 74'' x 2.5'' Oil and alkyd on wood, Triptych 2010

When I was in college {at the University of Colorado - go Buffs!} I spent a summer interning at an artist resource center and also worked for a local artist, named Ana Maria Hernando. I helped her market to galleries and also organized a complete history of all of her work. She was the nicest woman and I absolutely loved all of her paintings. Many incorporate flowers as their primary focus but overall I found her use of color and materials very inspiring {she often used paper, cloth and wood in her paintings} and think she really stood out in a sea of other artist in Boulder.

I've been thinking a lot about the artwork in our house {mainly created by myself} and was trying to get some new inspiration over this past weekend because I've been wanting to change it up. I've been trying to incorporate big pops of color into our rooms and naturally thought of Ana Maria's paintings.

It's been years since I've seen or spoken with her so I did a little googling to see if she had any new published work I might be able to track down on the Internet.

Thought I'd share some of here stuff here - hope you love it as much as I do! And if you are in the Denver/Boulder area I highly recommend you check out her work in person....I believe some of it is at BMOCA {Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art} and in Denver galleries. She is from Argentina and frequently travels back and forth, so you might also catch her elsewhere throughout the country.

"Flower by Edge of the River" 30x60 oil on canvas 2010
"Las Aberturas, Las Organos Que Esperan" 30'' x 44'' Color Lithograph Diptych with cut outs, 2005

"Beben Nardos de Noche" (they drank tuberoses in the night) 19 x 40 oil & alkyd on canvas 2011

"El Corazon Inocente" (The Innocent Heart) 30'' x 22'' x 1'' Seven color lithograph with collage, 2010 

"Con Confection" Museo de las Americans, Denver, CO

1 comment:

  1. Cool paintings. Love how large they are.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails