1.17.2012

weekend painting projects

The baby's room is painted! The baby's room is painted! 

I couldn't be more excited and feel like a major box is finally checked off my list. Now I can start to arrange furniture, hang things on the wall, etc. While kyle we were painting mister big brother was enjoying some down time and cuddled with all his best buds in our bed...


Now, this photo below is pretty horrible - the window is bare, the lighting is all wrong and I'm not even sure if the paint was dry yet. But here's a sneak peak of baby girls room in it's pre-pre-decorated state....


As for the downstairs bath that I'm striping out....all I can say is.....holy hell, what a mess! So I finished all the taping and measuring and was so excited to finally start painting. Well about 5 minutes into it all I was rolling along and stepped back for a minute to take a look. I could tell immediately the color was just not going to work in that space. Waaaaaay too dark against the white and just not right for a room without any natural light. Aye, aye, ayyyyye! I would have don't anything to make it work - even considered mixing some white into the paint to lighten it up - but then thought if I do need to touch it up and run out of paint, it would be even more of a disater.

So....I put the paint brush down and cried.

Ok, not really cried. But I wanted to.....badly.

Instead of making a rash decision about a new color I took a few days off from my little project. After some clarity and much deliberation, today we finally decided on a new color. I just painted a test sample and it looks a million times better {woohoo!} so there is finally light at the end of the striped tunnel!

Here are the way too dark stripes {monroe bisque by benjamin moore, if you're wondering}


See? Too dark, right?

So here is the color we are using instead


Elephant tusk by Benjamin Moore. A shade or two lighter and much nicer in the space. Looks great layered over the white. I was hoping I might not have to prime over the darker color again but I think in the end it will be better and cleaner if I do. So....back to the bathroom I go.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the final results! I'm sure it will look great :) Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent solution, and thank god you didnt actually cry. i'm so impressed with your handiness/craftiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent solution, and thank god you didnt actually cry. i'm so impressed with your handiness/craftiness!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails