1.27.2012

5 things...for friday

I typically do not do regular or themed posts, mainly because my blogging can be a little, um, irregular? at times. But I keep seeing posts like this around the blog world and it usually hits home for me because it's rare that I'm not pulled five directions {or more} at once. My brain is constantly spinning with multiple ideas and thoughts, so this morning I figured why not embrace it and do a post about all the things that are on my mind.

Hence, 5 things for Friday.....enjoy!

1) PINK MAXI SKIRT FROM OLD NAVY
I was out looking at double strollers yesterday {for an upcoming post about the pros and cons of various models - inspired by Meredith} and stopped into Old Navy just to see what they had. I immediately spotted this awesome maxi skirt, saw that it was on sale, and decided it was perfect for a little post-baby, get my body back in shape inspiration. How perfect with a basic white tank and a fun necklace?! I'm so excited to wear it at some point this summer.



By the way, I'm not usually a big Old Navy fan because their stuff just never fits me right. However, I noticed a big change in their product line this visit - they've stepped up their game big time and had some REALLY cute items. Go check them out if you have a chance.

2) BONE INLAY FURNITURE




LOVE this furniture. Too bad the prices are usually $$$$. I have a bone inlay inspired DIY project up my sleeve that I'm hoping to try before baby #2 arrives. Fingers crossed I can make it happen.


3) GWYNETH PALTROW QUOTE


I saw this quote this morning and love how truthful it. I completely agree that looking good and feeling good is hard work. If you just sit around on your tush all day, you'll probably feel like crap-ola, too. I was pretty fit in my pre-mommyhood days - and fully intend to be fit again in the future - but it took hard work, hours of yoga classes and many miles of running logged to get there. Granted, I liked doing all those thing {for the most part} but if you want to feel good and look good, too, then get your tush moving.

4) JOANNA'S BEDROOM MAKEOVER




Joanna, the author of one of my favorite blogs, Cup of Joe, recently had her bedroom made over by Jenny, the author of another of my favorite blogs, Little Green Notebook. Jenny is absolutely genius and used a color pallet that I never every would have thought to use for a bedroom, but I absolutely love the way it turned out. I can not stop looking at the photos for my own interior decorating inspiration and also love that she did almost everything on a major budget. Click here for the before and after.

5) WATER
Every time I see my OBGYN for a check up she asks if I'm drinking enough water. I try to stay as hydrated as possible and tend to forgo any other drink {soda, juice, etc} in favor of just drinking water. A yoga teacher once told me "the cure to almost any minor ailment is to drink more water". I've always remembered that and find that it's pretty true. If I'm feeling sluggish, like I'm getting sick or have a headache I just try to drink more water and it usually solves the problem.


Happy Friday, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Love that skirt! I'll have to check out old navy :) cristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout-out!! :) Yay strollers!!! Love that maxi skirt.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails