3.10.2011

whew, nap time!


Connor's first birthday is quickly approaching and with this new year, I feel like everything is changing. And by everything, I mean sleep patterns, which to me, really are everything these days.

In the last few weeks, nap time has become a total toss up; sometimes it's at 9:30am with another afternoon nap, sometimes he doesn't nap until 1pm with nothing else until bedtime. Sometimes he sleeps through the night, but most of the time he doesn't. I can't help but feel like our sweet little infant has become a very active, willful and determined little devil at times. There are times when this baby is on a mission and won't rest until whatever he is after is his.

Luckily Connor is down for a nap right now. If he wasn't, there is no way I'd even have the few minutes it takes to type this post. Nap time is the only time I have to empty the dishwasher, do some laundry, send an email or simply sit without being on high alert. And once I hear that cry from his bedroom it's like, DING! times up! stop whatever you're doing. The alarm has sounded.

I'm estimating I have about 5-10 minutes left until the alarm goes off today, so I'm going to quickly eat lunch, fold the laundry, make the bed, dry my hair, send a few emails and think about what to make for dinner tonight. In 5 minutes??? These days I could probably accomplish all that in 3...maybe even less.

P.S. Happy Birthday, G'Pops!

2 comments:

  1. Can't believe I didn't know you had a blog. :) Also I looked at Connor's birth story...can't believe that was a year ago!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails