3.24.2011

barre class


My friend Chloe and I went to a barre fusion class at our gym this afternoon. This is the second barre class I've been to recently and both times I've left with my legs feeling like jell-o. I think it took 4 days for my thighs to stop burning every time I moved last time, so needless to say I was a little worried about knowingly putting myself back in that position today.

There has been a lot of press about Barre classes recently, especially after Madonna began taking them at Barre3, which is a slightly different method then the class we went to today, but the principles are similar. Barre fusion classes incorporate a mix of weights, ballet and pilates using the mat and a traditional ballet barre. Overall, this class is no joke. I took ballet for years when I was little and still have pretty strong thighs. Or so I thought....

I'm sitting on the sofa now and my legs are still shaking a bit from what I put them through today. Both times I've left the class thinking I'll never go back, but then a few hours pass and I realize how much I secretly like becoming acutely aware of muscles I'd forgotten I had.

Has anyone out there experienced the same thing? Or are you interested in barre classes?

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of ballet and dancing- I felt that way after every dance class- and I was in the best shape of my life :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails