10.19.2010

highchairs

We are in the market for a new highchair and I've been researching the options. So far The Joovy Nook seems like the best option for us. I like how the tray swings open and also how it folds up and is able to be stored in a closet. Here it is in orange but I think we would get the white color...
I've considered simply getting a booster seat or a Phil & Ted's portable seat that attaches to the table, but I think Connor would really enjoy having his own "real" seat for meals and also to play in while I'm making dinner. Plus, it seems like feeding a baby in one of the Phil & Ted's might be hard because they are facing a different angle? 

I'm also interested in the IKEA Antilop high chair which has received really positive reviews and is only $20. Yep, I did just say $20....how crazy is that? It's kind of minimal looking but a big positive is that food doesn't get stuck in crevices and it's $20.
I'm not sure why I'm so drawn to the space-agey look for high chairs but the Boon Flair is also kind of cool, though more pricey then the Joovy and it doesn't fold up.


And the Tripp Trap by Stokke is very popular, but to me seems better in theory then reality. It's concept is that it grows with the child and transitions from highchair to real chair through adulthood and provides a seat at the table for them when they are too big for their high chair but still too small for a real chair. 


6 comments:

  1. How fun! I don't have any kids yet, but I'll keep these in mind when I have one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the Graco 4 in 1 ...haven't used it yet, but it seems like it will be good. Did you look at that one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't seen the Graco 4 in 1 but just looked it up and it looks awesome. Great reviews, too...thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're looking for a highchair that folds up, the new Guzzie&Gus highchair is great and reasonably priced for a designer chair. Check them out here: http://www.guzzieandguss.com/guzzie-guss-highchair-p-3414.html

    I was eyeing the Phil & Ted booster chair that attaches to the side of the table as a travel chair. I think it's a great extra chair to have around if you go out to eat or to someone's place as it folds up real easy and is super easy to transport.

    G'luck with the chair hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just looked up the Guzzie & Gus. Looks great but I think they are only for sale in Canada :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're doing a demo in Vegas & will be launching in the States early 2011. I feel like thier spokesperson! LOL

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails