7.13.2010

Middle of the night baby dance parties

Yep, that's right. This baby wants to dance at 2am and Mommy, most certainly, does not.

I was feeling pretty good about his sleep patterns and even began transitioning him to his crib, but he's about to hit the 4 month mark and sleeping at night has gone to sh*t. He's awake every two hours at night and napping during the day is in 10-15 minute increments (if at all).

Luckily, we are not alone. Apparently it is typical for sleep patterns to unravel at the 4 month mark for babies, so I don't feel quite as bad about all of this. However, that really doesn't help when I want to tear my hair out at 2am or when I still feel like a walking zombie at 2pm. And from what I gather this disturbed sleeping pattern can continue until 9 months (?!).

Evidently, a growth spurt combined with his broadening interest in the world is to blame. He wants to play, he wants to move around, he wants to make funny noises and he wants to dance....but I can't really blame the little guy. If I had any energy at all, that's probably what I would want to do too.

1 comment:

  1. Hi - Google "Getting Baby to Sleep" a ton of information comes up.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails