3.10.2010

Any day/hour/minute now....

At least I hope so....

I'm 38 weeks and 2 days. I just got home from the weekly doctors appt and I'm now 85% effaced and 1/2 centimater dialated. THANK GOD! Basically that means (sorry for TMI if you are grossed out by this) my cervix is 85% thinned and beginning to open. You must be 100% effaced and 10 centimeters dialated for the baby to come and I was only slighgtly effaced and not at all dialated last week, so this is progress. My doctor said she could actually feel the top of the babys head and he is extremely low - even lower then before (and he was pretty low, then) so she thinks I will likely have a pretty quick/easy labor because he doesn't have very far to travel. That's all a guess on her part, however, so I'm hoping she's right, but you never really know for sure.

For the past two days I've had random mild contractions, lots of lower back pain and overall just feel different. It seems as though my body is getting ready, but it's so hard to predict. Some women can be fully effaced and a few centimeters dialated for weeks....

Every time I feel something new I wonder "is this it" but then it subsides and nothing happens. It's a game of hurry up and wait at this point. So frustrating at times, but I'm sure he will arrive whenever he's supposed to. My doctor did say I could schedule a time to be induced next week if I'd like, but I would much rather have this happen naturally. Of course, a different doctor is on call this weekend so if mini-mac does arrive my doctor wont be the one to deliver him.

As I was driving down King Street earlier I couldn't help but think, next time I drive this way I will probably have a BABY in the backseat - how bizarre!!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails